Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fitness and The Flash


When you read the title of this book, Fit and Sexy for Life: The hormone free plan for staying slim, strong and fabulous in your 40's, 50's, and beyond, I'm obviously the authority on the subject. Everybody knows you come to a 30 something guy for the insider info. I've all the answers, clearly...or maybe I just make a good salad!
Kathy and I worked together on the Body-for-LIFE program last year. She's well known in her field as one of the best authorities on health and fitness. When she told me she was writing another book and asked me for some recipes I was more than willing to oblige. Those featured include:
Ginger lime shrimp salad
Niscoise salad w/ seared ahi tuna
Grilled chicken & onion pizza
Homemade turkey burger w/ asian slaw
Cajun salmon salad w/ arugula mixed greens
Although Kathy's book deals with health and fitness related issues aimed primarily at menopausal women, diet is as important. I don't use the word 'diet' in terms of losing weight but as a lifestyle centered around eating healthy nutritious meals that fuel the body. Kathy and I agreed on this fundamental issue and that's how I ended up contributing to her book. The end result is great and the recipes are accessible to everyone.

No comments: