Friday, October 19, 2007

BURN BABY BURN!

After landing in the States I tried my luck in Santa Monica, where I joined a gym so I wouldn't look totally ridiculous in my speedos. Though I've since moved to a different gym, I kept in contact with a couple of the trainers.
Fast forward a couple of years.
Returning from a holiday in Ireland, where we ate and drank our way through the countryside, we headed home with bloated faces and spare tires. Knowing we are going to do it again for Christmas, the wife decided she needed help (and not my nagging loving kind) so I suggested she try fatburn.com, a program designed by one of the trainers I knew from the old gym. This is a website that shows the relationship between calorie intake and excercise. She took the reins and to my surprise, has become addicted to her computer, entering her food intake even a day in advance to see if she should have that extra glass o'wine. NUTS! It has been an eye opening experience for both of us---are you aware how many calories are in your Baja Fresh burrito?!
Last weekend we were on the 3rd St.Promenade in Santa Monica and noticed a large banner hanging above the McDonalds sign reading, BURN FITNESS. What the...? We connected the dots and decided to go in for a gander. This was the brainchild of Tom Williams, the creator of fatburn.com, who was one of the trainers at my old gym. It was shit-hot. Located on the 4th and 5th floors overlooking the Promenade, it has hardwood floors, top of the line equipment complete with cable televisions installed on all the cardio machines (my wife's favorite), computer access to check your email AND FREE subscription to fatburn.com. Impressive AND affordable! At least if you walk through these golden arches your speedos will fit!

No comments: